Saturday, December 15, 2012

VAN VORST PARK

I live in the Van Vorst Park Neighborhood and I thought it would be kind of cool to post some of the things I truly love about my neighborhood. First and foremost, the Jersey City Public Library is awesome. It's not the greatest when it comes to offering best sellers and new releases but I will tell you this, they have the most awesome historical records section on Jersey City! Being in real estate I sometimes like to find out who may have lived in a particular home, prior to what's listed on the tax records or what a specific neighborhood was like circa 1860. It's remarkable to discover the amazing history of this city. Secondly, would of course be my beloved Van Vorst Park in the springtime. It's a delightful feeling to see the trees pop with colorful flowers and watch the Park liven up after a long cold winter. In addition, the dog run is always filled to the brim with neighbors; and quite frankly, I think it has enhanced the neighborhood's community feel by getting people out to walk their dogs and meet one another. Often on my days off, when the weather is nice, I like to sit in the park near the fountain and watch the birds playing in the water...It's very relaxing. Another thing I enjoy about this neighborhood is probably the Barrow Mansion. The Barrow Mansion hosts all sorts of community activities but one of my all time favorites is the theater productions hosted by the Attic Ensemble. I'm a freelance actor outside of real estate and I truly love the fact that Jersey City has a community theater with some very professional actors, as well as, pretty thought provoking productions to attend each season. And finally, I guess I would have to say summertime in the neighborhood. This past summer was chock full of activities... I attended several farmers markets, stoop sales, a couple of films, the children's festival, and of course all of the parades that were held right outside of my window. Van Vorst Park is a great community to live in. Oh, and by the way, unfortunately the Public Library is still closed due to Hurricane Sandy, but they are expecting that it will re-open on Monday, December 17th, for regular hours. Plus they're offering a library fine amnesty for all those who were unable to drop off their overdue books and videos. All the best and Happy Holidays Jersey City!

No comments:

Post a Comment